Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Belmont Stakes 2013


Belmont Stakes
June 4, 2013
Dear Readers,
I am almost afraid to make a prediction for this weekend’s raceI don’t know why I am so hesitant. One thing I am fairly certain of is the Wiley Fox duo, D. Wayne Lukas and Gary Stevens aren’t going to get away with stealing an easy lead this time.
Listening to Shug McGaughey, I surmise by his words, that he is a great deal more confident in Orb’s mental preparedness for the Belmont than he was for the Preakness. Orb should love the wide turns he trains on, he shouldn’t be hanging six wide coming around the turn.
Frankly, I scratch a bald spot in my head over why some of these horses are even in this race. The one that makes me the most uneasy is the incredibly bred Incognito. Sired by A. P. Indy and out of the amazing mare Octave, by Unbridled’s Song. I think the better part of valor is to leave it at that. With his connections, what else needs to be said, other than this horse didn’t seem to like the track in his last race.
The filly….oh my! I am glad to see Rosie Napravnik back on Unlimited Budget. I thought the filly was a little too close to the lead in the Kentucky Oaks. But if Rosie rides the patient race style she usually employees, they’re going to be right in the middle of the cavalry charge coming down the lane. It does take a lot of courage on the part of a filly to get pushed around by bigger colts, though this filly doesn’t look like a lightweight on camera.
Check back tomorrow for the rest of my observations. Been a busy day around here, and Nigel needs a walk around the park.
I know I have a lot of fans around the world and I want to thank you for making my blog so successful.
Please check out my website and leave me a comment, I love hearing from you. By way of thanks for being so loyalIf you send me an address, while supplies last, I will send one book mark with the beautiful image of Casual Lies you see on this blog, and I will sign it for you. I promise you I won’t use or sell your information.
Again thank-you,
Shelley Riley
www.shelleyriley.com

No comments: