Thursday, May 30, 2013

“Relive the Triple Crown Adventure of Casual Lies & Shelley Riley.”


Livermore’s Independent Magazine       

May 30, 2013
Dear Readers,
     I was thrilled when I retrieved the mail today and discovered the Independent Magazine had arrived in my mailbox. Obviously I was made aware they were going to include a few words about my memoir in this month’s edition, since I had been interviewed last month.
    What I didn’t expect was the scope of the article, with full color pictures included. I believe the writer, Patricia Koning, captured the essence of what I wanted to convey when I wrote the book. She told me she had read the memoir and really enjoyed it, and I enjoyed reading her article. If I find a link I will post it later. The magazine also has several interesting articles about the history of the valley, the rodeo and the continued enjoyment of a western life style, started more than two centuries ago here in the Livermore Valley.
   The article is in the June 2013 edition of the Livermore Independent Magazine, page 20, entitled; “Relive the Triple Crown Adventure of Casual Lies & Shelley Riley.” For those of you who might be able to find it online.
Take care,
Shelley Riley
www.shelleyriley.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelley,

Great article! I'm saving my copy of The Independent Magazine for you.

Violet Carr Moore