Thursday, October 31, 2013

Breeders' Cup - Dirt Mile

October 31, 2013 

Dear Readers, 

        Oh dear they just get harder to pick. I will never get through all these races. But I will try. Next up:

Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile

1                     Taptowne – Clearly a front runner. But I’m not going to be able to back this horse in this race, there’s to much speed.

2                    Golden Ticket – This is a very nice horse, a horse I would love to own, but I don’t think he has a clear chance in this field of fierce competitors.

3                    Hymn Book – Yet another very nice horse, and again I can’t pick him to win this race.

4                   Brujo de Olleros – Lightly raced five-year-old.

5                   Fed Biz – Could surprise.

6                   Broadway Empire – Alright I get it, this horse has been winning in easier company, while blazing away on the front end. But winning can become a ego boosting exercise and can become habitual. He may not win, but he may well become the spoiler in this race, like he did in the Affirmed Handicap. At 12-1 odds I might be tempted to take a flyer.

7                    Alpha – This horse has made a lot of money and is undoubtedly a good one. But it appears to me he likes an uncontested lead, something he won’t get in this race.

8                   Holy Lute – Someday this could be a great horse, but I don’t think he’s ready for this bunch. But then again why not, he could be.

9                   Centralinteligence – Spotty career, but clearly when he’s right, he’s a force to be reckoned with.

10               Verrazano – Whoa what happened in that last race? I really wanted to like this horse, and I do. But maybe not today.

11                Pants On Fire – Now were talking, this horse goes out to give his best every time.

12               Goldencents – Well he doesn’t have to go up against Points Offthebench again. I like this horse in this race, and especially going this distance.

13               Easter Gift – Not sure I could get behind this horse to win this race.  

Got to make up my wish list.

1                    Goldencents – love this horse today.

2                   Pants on Fire

3                   Broadway Empire 

This is a lot of work, so many good horses, so few slots to fill, so many opportunities to get it wrong.

Take care,
Shelley Riley
www.shelleyriley.com

No comments: