Monday, September 9, 2013

32nd Annual Kentucky Book Fair

September 8, 2013

Dear Readers,

        I have exciting news to share with you today. This spring I submitted Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure to be considered for inclusion in the 32nd Annual Kentucky Book Fair. All of the submissions were presented to an Author Selection Committee for preview, and I was hopeful.

       Saturday I pulled an envelope out of the mail box from the Kentucky Book Fair Board of Directors, and the letter advised I’d been invited to participate in the Kentucky Book Fair. It will be held at the Frankfort Convention Center in historic downtown Frankfort Kentucky on November 16th, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. This is a big book fair, where a lot of really talented authors would've submitted their work, and I am honored to have been selected.  

      After I wiped a tear from the corner of my eye, and called all my friends, I was still so pleased and excited I've already booked my airline tickets and rental car.

      I’ve wanted to get back to Kentucky for several years, and the yearning has only been getting stronger. This is the perfect excuse to invite one of my friends to stay at my house with Nigel (my greyhound), take care of my ninety gallon reef aquarium and let me fly off to Kentucky, footloose and fancy free.

   The November breeding stock sale will be in full swing at the Keeneland Sales venue in Lexington from November 5 through the 14. I’m flying in early enough to tramp around the barns, look at the beautiful horses, greet old friends and smell all the wonderful odors that make up the world of horse sales. I may have to tie my hands to my belt to keep from bidding on the one special horse that catches my eye.

    I may also take one day to look at real estate while I’m there. I would like nothing better than to move to Kentucky. It has always called to me and the idea of having a place big enough to raise a couple of sales yearlings would be…well it would simply be heaven.

     So any of you who live near Frankfort, please come over and see me, I would love to meet some of the people who have closely followed my blog, or  read my memoir.

Take care,
Shelley Riley
Author of Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure

No comments: