Thursday, April 18, 2013

Casual Lies Handicap


April 18, 2013
Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure
Dear Readers,
    Wondrous news, the Alameda County Fair has changed the name of their premier stakes race to the “Casual Lies Handicap.”
    I cried when I was told, what a legacy to see Stanley’s name on the program. Going forward his name will appear on the past performance line, a designation of accomplishment and success.
    This is a great honor, and to say I am very appreciative, somehow doesn’t adequately convey my feelings. I have been invited to present the Trophy to the winning owner and that in and of itself is such a delight. I can hardly wait.
   And so the adventure continues, even though Casual Lies no longer walks this earth, his legacy continues to affect my life in such a positive way. When I pick up the memoir and read a passage, I am transported back in time, to vivid memories of what a joy it was to be in the presence of such a warm, friendly and courageous personality.
 Take care,
Shelley Riley

No comments: