Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3, 2013 

The Santa Anita Derby plays a critical role in Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure. This was the race that most influenced my decision on whether or not Casual Lies should compete in the Kentucky Derby. Two chapters in Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure cover the Santa Anita Derby, the significance of the race, and the people who encouraged me, directly or indirectly, to run Casual Lies in the Santa Anita Derby and later the Kentucky Derby.
The inimitable and legendary trainer Charlie Whittingham, with his dry wit and sparkling good humor, befriended me before the Santa Anita Derby and offered oblique advice, which I managed to decipher, on the crucial decisions I needed to make for Casual Lies' career. In my memoir, I share his advice and moments of kindness during our time at Santa Anita and beyond.
It has been a long, long road, but twenty-one years after Casual Lies competed in the Santa Anita Derby, I am proud to announce that the memoir Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure is now available on Amazon. I am attaching the links so you can view the book and read some of the excerpts, both for paperback and the Kindle edition. I am still working on getting the Nook edition available.

 http://www.amazon.com/dp/1482679248    for the Paperback.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00C63SVBE    for the Kindle edition.

As always feel free to contact me.
Take care,
Shelley Riley

No comments: