Sunday, March 24, 2013

March 24, 2013

Dear readers, 

 Anticipation for this year’s Triple Crown is revving up, and I am thrilled my memoir will be ready and available. This rare behind the scenes look from a female participant’s viewpoint, gives insight into the depth of excitement, anticipation and pressure which surrounds those fortunate enough to have a horse capable of competing in the Kentucky Derby in Louisville, the Preakness Stakes in Baltimore or the Belmont Stakes in New York. Participating in just one of these historic and prestigious events for three-year-olds, let alone all three, is monumental and can be life changingit was for me.  
      My memoir is a candid narrative about an unlikely small-town female trainer, competing in a centuries old profession, one with a rigid caste system, which by tradition has been dominated by men at every level. Searching for a way to break through this glass ceiling and attain success, I stumbled upon an unwanted young horse, one whose raw talent and vibrant personality challenged me to dream in color and embrace the unimaginable.
     This memoir chronicles not only a journey from sales ring to racetrack, but a young girl’s lifelong love for horses, a woman’s strongly held belief in infinite possibilities, and how a homely young horse grew into a magnificent three-year-old, whose joy and love of running triumphed over the low expectations of the self-proclaimed experts.
                                                                        ~
 I am currently finishing up on the 2nd proof of Casual Lies – A Triple Crown Adventure, and making a few changes. My new shelleyriley.com website should be up by the end of the upcoming week and hopefully everything works on it. I will post here once it is operating fully. 
     When the memoir has passed all the final edits, it will be available to purchase on both Amazon and my website. For you folks living outside the United States, Amazon has sites around the world where you can purchase the memoir. I will post more information about that on a separate post.
    It’s getting close now and I am so excited. Thanks for sticking with me through this long process. Keep tuning in for updates. Follow me on Twitter and Facebook.
Take care,
Shelley Riley

No comments: