Saturday, May 18, 2013

Preakness Stakes


Preakness Stakes
May 18, 2013
Dear Readers,

 Sorry about the delay in posting, just a little under the weather here. I thought I would post my pick for the Preakness Stakes, late I know, but still a few hours to go and I can still get on the record. Hero or zero, it all depends on how my analysis of the race comes out.
Looking at the videos of past races, barring a very strange track, I still believe Orb will be hard to beat off his last race. Having said that, the field is not going to lie down and let him win. I think Titletown Five, though obviously a nice horse, is not quite good enough to beat this group. If the other speed wants to hold back, what Titletown Five will do, is make them gitty-up on the front end or they won’t catch him.
I think Goldencents is going to be right near the lead with Govenor Charlie, Titletown Five and Oxbow. When it comes to the head of the lane, barring an incident, I like Govenor Charlie and Goldencents to be sending back a challenge to Orb, Mylute and Departing to out run them.
If I was to play a Tri-Fecta it would be Goldencents-Govenor Charlie-Orb.
Enjoy the Preakness Stakes, I hope they all come back safe and let the best horse win.
Take care,
Shelley Riley
www.shelleyriley.com

No comments: